Accepting School Funding
Once you’ve sent applications for educational funding and effectively cleared all holds, a notification will be delivered to your Panther Mail and MyFIU account to accept/decline your school funding. This educational funding notification is sent out no sooner than June of each and every 12 months for present pupils. Follow these actions to simply accept your educational funding:
- Login to MyFIU. See Access MyFIU for assistance.
- Find the ‘Financial Aid’ tile.
- Pick a from the ‘aid 12 months’ line into the table year.
- Review all eligibility demands for every single product you accept by pressing the connected item title. Grants and scholarships are immediately accepted that you accept or decline for you, but loans require.
- Loan recipients should accept only the loan amount essential to pay money for academic costs. See getting Loans for more info.
- To just accept or decline a specific item, find the package under ‘Accept’ or ‘Decline’ column. To just accept or drop the package that is entire simply simply click on ‘Accept All’ or ‘Decline All’ buttons.
- Verify options by clicking ‘Submit.’
- Some things may instruct you to definitely complete extra documents. Look at the needs for the aid that is financial program.
School Funding Process
The assist you accept here is considered pending aid. Pending help may possibly not be the real quantity you get upon disbursement. The school funding workplace may make alterations occasionally whilst the start of semester approaches or thereafter.
The essential reasons that are common an modification include changes to:
- Enrollment which reduces the price of attendance
- Residency status
- Housing arrangements
- Satisfactory Academic Progress status
- Extra the help of other sources most likely other help happens to be disbursed (including tuition waivers, assistantships and fellowships)
- Inaccuracies into the informative data on which your aid that is financial is