YORK COUNTY — a York that is 21-year-old woman been faced with theft and medication charges after police say she attempted to buy two iPhones on another customer’s account at a Verizon shop within the York Galleria Mall on Thursday.
Alexis Marie Mathis, of this 300 block of East King Street, is faced with theft by deception, identity theft, access unit fraudulence, control of a managed substance, control of a tiny bit of cannabis, and possessing the instruments of criminal activity, based on Springettsbury Township Police.
Mathis had been arrested after police were called to the Verizon store by an employee who reported a woman attempted to buy two iPhone XX Maxi phones, valued at $1,160 each, with identification and credit card the employee believed were fraudulent thursday.
Police reported into the Verizon shop situated close to the mall’s food court, where in actuality the met a shop worker whom reported:
- A feminine suspect, later on defined as Mathis, entered the shop at 12:04 p.m. and said she desired to buy two iPhones. The suspect reported she ended up being told at most useful purchase that there clearly was a fraud alert singlebrides review on her behalf account.
- The worker asked Mathisfor her username and passwords, and Mathis offered Pennsylvania ID using the true title Brenda Meline. The ID had an image of Mathis.
- Mathis provided to show credit cards to validate her ID, and supplied a Visa card with Meline’s title.
- The worker straight away suspected the ID and bank card had been fraudulent, but told Mathis the store’s would be checked by her stock to see just what that they had, because she managed to validate that Brenda Meline had a merchant account with Verizon.
- The worker came back and told Mathis the shop failed to have the iPhones she desired in stock, but suggested her to use A verizon that is second store the shopping mall to check on their stock. Sigue leyendo York girl accused when trying to purchase 2 iPhones with fraudulent ID, charge card